The Marketing Director for Mooreville Methodist Church is responsible for promoting our church to the world. A part-time position reporting to the Pastor and Communications Team Chairman, the Marketing Director designs marketing materials used throughout the church. The position will require a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Starting salary is $500 per month.
Position: Marketing Director
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and Communications Chair
Ministry Target: Congregation and potential new members
- Schedule social media posts with engaging content daily (infographics, posts, photos, save-the-dates, invitations, Facebook friendly flyers, etc.)
- Send updates through Facebook, text, and Group Me to try and keep the congregation informed.
- Manage and update social media accounts as needed.
- Create, design, and print bulletin inserts.
- Create or update weekly slides used during our services.
- Create infographics and other appealing visuals to be posted.
- Record and edit videos used for promoting church special events.
- Determine the best selection of media channels for the Church’s various marketing activities.
- Evaluate the success of marketing campaigns to adjust for future efforts.
- Write, proofread, and edit written content.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, branding).
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitorcomments.
- Collaborate with other teams, like Fundraising, Evangelism, etc, to ensure Mooreville brand consistency.
- Previous experience in design and production of marketing or communication materials, including print and electronic media.
- Ownership of hardware (computer) and software needed to produce marketing materials.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.